Signature Pharmacy is an online pharmacy registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
How And What Information We Collect
How we receive information about you
- When you place an order or create an account through our website, we receive information about you form the details you enter during account registration and the checkout process. This information includes your name, email, address, telephone number, date of birth, details of your order and gender. We may also request email over the phone by email such a history of other medications or conditions you might have.
- When we receive a private of NHS prescription request from yourself, a representative or a company who you have authorised to send us a prescription to us on your behalf, we would receive the following information: Name, address, NHS number, date of birth, gender, details of the medication required, telephone number, delivery address (if different to home address), exemption details and details of your surgery. In some cases, we might receive practitioner notes which might include a summary of your medical history and details of the condition that was presented to the practitioner.
- We also receive information from the NHS however this information is only requested following your consent. When you nominate us as your primary pharmacy, we will gather the following information from yourself and the NHS: Name, Surname, date of birth, gender, postcode, NHS number, email address, postal address, home address, telephone number, fax number, your doctor surgeries details. This is in addition to the information we collect when we receive a prescription. In some cases, we may ask your consent to view your Summary Care Record (SCR), this is information that is securely stored on the NHS Spine and would include information on your current and past conditions/medication.
- We can also receive information through our chat system on our website which is powered by SmartSupp
How We Use The Information That Is Provided To Us
Your data will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection act. Your information will be stored securely on our systems and the information will be used by us for the following:
- Fulfilling orders and prescriptions, this includes using your information to package order for delivery
- Ensuring that items on your prescription or your order are suitable for you. This would include ensuring that the medication is age appropriate and that there are no interactions with any of your other medication or conditions
- We might contact you with information about your order or prescription by phone, SMS, email or post. This could be for the purpose of requesting additional information or to update you on the status.
- Sending you updates about Signature Pharmacy
- Requesting feedback on the products and services we have provided to you
The security of your information is important to us and we take measures, both electronically and physically, to ensure that you information is not passed to person(s) or companies who are not authorised to receive it.
Who We Can Share Your Information With
By law, you have the right to obtain a copy or the personal data we hold for you and other supplementary information. You can request the information verbally or in writing and we will provide the information requested within 28 days. In some cases, we may not be able to provide the information and where this is the case we will provide an explanation. Where the information request is excessive, there may be an administration fee. We may ask you for proof of ID before we release any information.